Monday, August 31, 2009

Shock!

I've been hesitant...skittish even, to truly weed or pull out the plants that I didn't want in the yard. It may have been a fear of pests (wasps, bees, spiders, ticks, etc.) or a feeling of being overwhelmed with the prospect of ripping out the plants that someone else put in and being on my own. In any event, those feelings have to be pushed aside, because the backyard has been totally changed. Hostas, maiden grass and weeds were removed. The hostas and maiden grass will be replanted by the friends who dug them out. The weeds,will not.
The lack of vegetation left me in shock and I wondered if too much had been taken out. And I grieve.
But my feelings of grief, shock and relief, (I'm sure I have more feelings that have not been categorized) have to be pushed aside. This is the time for courage and fall plants that are on sale. A yard is a work in progress. Friends that help weed and dig out plants sprayed by skunks...incredible.

1 comment:

  1. No need to push your feeling aside dear friend, recognize them for what they are, and then release. If you push them aside without acknowledging them and the right you have to have them, they linger. So just release, plant your new plants, and enjoy! The lawn is not broken, just renewed. SKUNKS... so that was that smell!

    ReplyDelete