Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Project Planning: The Garden Wagon

There is always something that can be done in a house. Some project that needs to be started or completed. I have one and a half pages of projects planned. I can dig out plants, prepare interior walls for painting, clean siding, wash windows, etc. I have any number of projects that I can work on at any time and yet, sometimes I am completely stymied.

Usually, it isn’t a particularly difficult project, it’s just something that I haven’t done before and I have to figure out how to do it as I go along. Sometimes, as with all new things I feel incredibly stupid as I bumble around with new tools or attempt putting together something new. This week, I began assembling an “all terrain wagon” I bought several months ago to help me move things around as I garden. Never underestimate items that come pre-assembled!

I took everything out of the 3 foot box it came in and not one piece was pre-assembled! This was going to be a project done from the ground up. After I unpacked everything and read the instructions, I realized that I didn’t have all the tools required to put the wagon together, namely, a wrench, but that didn’t stop me. Once, the project fever hits, I just have to ride it.

Surprisingly enough, it wasn’t that difficult putting the wagon together. I will also say that I was pleased to see it roll around the garage seemingly stable. I then took it outside and rolled it on the lawn to see how it would handle and make sure that all of the wheels stayed on. The wheels stayed on and I can look at this as one project that can be crossed off the list.


No comments:

Post a Comment